Waste and Sustainability Conference 2021
Waste and Sustainability Virtual Conference 2021
A Net Zero NHS
A one day virtual conference taking place on Thursday 29th April 2021. In association with ReAttendance.
This year our conference is delivered with support from NHS England & NHS Improvement. The conference theme is ‘A Net Zero NHS’ – linked of course to the ‘For a Greener NHS’ initiative.
The health and care system in England is responsible for an estimated 4-5% of the country’s carbon footprint so has a major role to play in supporting this. The NHS has therefore committed to reaching Net Zero as soon as possible, requiring the support of all 1.3 million NHS employees.
The UK was the first major economy in the world to pass a law to end its contribution to climate change. This means that the UK will aim to balance any emissions generated through emission cutting or removal efforts – so called ‘Net Zero’.
Given the importance of the NHS in our national life, how quickly the NHS can advance to Net Zero will affect how quickly the country as a whole succeeds.
This is a one day conference aimed at NHS Managers and Leads in Waste Management and Sustainability.
The Programme this year will be packed with current and informative sessions on how the NHS is pursuing the Net Carbon Zero agenda.
The conference will be chaired by NPAG’s Dale Atkins, Business Associate, and Fiona Daly, National Sustainability & EFM Workforce Lead, NHS England & NHS Improvement. Fiona will also be presenting A Zero Net NHS – the National Perspective.
We are honoured to announce the following presentations on the agenda:
- Being an NPAG Member, Dave Tucker, Waste Management BVG Chair, and Waste, Sustainability & Energy Manager, Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust
- Designing Sustainability and Environmental Breakdown Resilience into Digital Health Services, Ben Tongue, Sustainability Lead, NHS Digital
- A Zero Net NHS – the National Perspective, Fiona Daly, National Sustainability and EFM Workforce Lead, NHS England, and NHS Improvement
- Journey to Net Zero Carbon – opportunities and challenges in an Acute Trust, Claire Igoe, Joint Chair of NPAG NHS Sustainability Leads Network, Head of Environmental Sustainability, Manchester University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- The Strategy of Doing Stuff, Heidi Barnard, Co-Chair of NPAG NHS Sustainability Leads Network, and Group Head of Sustainability, Northern Care Alliance NHS Group
- Barriers of Recyclability of Plastics in the Healthcare Industry, Robert Massey, Principle Development Engineer, Amcor, and Steven Meun, Director HPRC Europe, HPRC
- Net Zero Ambulance Service, Alexis Percival, Environmental & Sustainability Manager, Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Re-use and recycling opportunities for plastics in the NHS, Mick Claes, Senior Consultant, AXION
- Decarbonising Building and Energy Supply for Carbon Net Zero, Joe Ernst-Herman, Deputy Director Decarbonisation, Konrad Hutchins Commercial Specialist (Technology Pillar) and Darren Moore Associate Commercial Specialist (Buildings Pillar), Crown Commercial Services
The NPAG Virtual Conference Guarantee
This is the safest way for us to deliver this important conference to you. The experience we will be offering will provide you with ample networking time with your peers, the presenters and exhibitors. Presentations will offer plenty of opportunity for Q&A and engagement can still take place once the conference is over. The programme has been managed to ensure sufficient break times which you can use to step away from your screen or schedule meetings with fellow attendees. All attendees will receive a CPD certificate.
This is a one-day virtual conference in association with ReAttendance, taking place on Thursday 29th April 2021. Please complete and return the Registration Form. Note: The virtual platform is compatible with Chrome or Microsoft Edge only.
Sponsorship packages are available, contact us for details.
Please contact us for further details: E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Waste & Sustainability Conference 2021 Registration Form – Web V1
- Waste & Sustainability Virtual Conference 2021 – Information Flyer
Alternatively, please apply below using our online registration form:
Meet our Sponsors
We are pleased to announce the following sponsors who will also be in attendance on the day with a virtual exhibition stand. Please make sure you visit them to see how they can help support your needs.
As a new individual to waste management in the NHS I found the day very useful and informative with excellent speakers.
The event provided a wealth of knowledge from a range of sectors within Healthcare waste including ample time for networking during the event. The venue and hospitality provided was excellent.