This course is designed for multi-disciplinary health professionals providing Occupational Health services to support employees who may not have told their employers that they have a disability, you should consider any circumstances which suggest that they may be disabled and need support.
Occupational Health is an important feature of a culture where employees are happy to talk about their health. Not all employees who meet the definition of disability will think of themselves as a ‘disabled person’. Delegates will explore their experiences of unconscious bias and judgements when talking about disabilities or health conditions and consider different methods to communicate recommendations to employers.
- Workplace history taking
- Clinical history taking
- Evidence based practice
- Basic knowledge of health risk assessment, aids, adjustments & adaptations
- External resources & Services
- Health education & promotion to reduce the impact of health on work
- Management reporting
- Principles of case management
- Friday 24 March 2023, full day workshop in Coventry
- Wednesday 19 April 2023, half day virtual workshop Part 1
- Wednesday 26 April 2023, half day virtual workshop Part 2