This course is designed for health professionals with a role in assessing and managing human health risks associated with chemical, mineral and biological exposures at work. Participants of the course will learn about the important role of human health risk assessment in informing occupational health decision-making including regulatory activities and reporting, responses to symptom reporting and the management of occupational symptoms and diseases.
Delegates will be introduced to the principles and guidance to identify and use the information needed to assess chemical, mineral and biological hazards, exposures and the corresponding health risks in the Occupational Health risk assessment context.
- Working knowledge of exposure hazards (toxins) & sensitisers for respiratory & skin & the inter-relationship
- Principles of COSHH health surveillance
- Recognition of early signs and symptoms of adverse changes or disease
- Confident history taking & symptom recording
- Understanding of the main Surveillance techniques & their limitations
- Basic knowledge of risk assessment, exposure control measures & PPE
- Health education & promotion for preventing COSHH related ill health & disease
- Notification systems
- Interpretation of data for management reporting
- Principles of case management
- Friday 17 March 2023, full day workshop in Coventry
- Wednesday 22 March 2023, half day virtual workshop Part 1
- Wednesday 29 March 2023, half day virtual workshop Part 2