Putting the Patient First Customer Care & Communication Skills in the NHS
“The patients must be the first priority in all of what the NHS does. Within available resources, they must receive effective services from caring, compassionate and committed staff, working within a common culture” Francis Report, 2013
This workshop was originally developed as a direct response to the Francis Report recommendations. The workshop has since evolved to further embrace the NHS People Promise: “This is a promise we must all make to each other—to work together to improve the experience of working in the NHS for everyone.” NHS England and NHS Improvement.
This is a workshop tailored to be delivered on both a virtual platform and face-to-face.
This one day organisational workshop is aimed at all NHS Staff. The workshop agenda is designed to increase the awareness of the service user relationships, and its importance and impact on your organisation. The programme is bespoke to your objectives and will reflect on your organisational core values, ensuring the outcomes are successful and can be measured.
By the end of the day participants will have a skill set that enhances their ability to:
- Understand the impact of their behaviour on others
- Learn how to handle challenging situations & people
- Develop effective communication techniques
- Understand patient expectations
- Identify how and why perceptions are formed
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Take ownership
Further workshop benefits include:
- Evidence to the CQC of your commitment to improving patient care through staff training
- Supports the “Francis Report Recommendations” that relate to the service that is provided
- Contributes towards achievement of the Knowledge and Skills Framework
- Development of ‘Actions Plans’
- Can be delivered on a virtual platform to your team of staff
- The day is CPD certified.
Interested? Please contact NPAG for further details: email@example.com
I have seen a general uplift in staff returning from this session. Thanks for helping getting the conversation started on the importance of values and beliefs in ourselves, each other & the service we deliver.
Great engagement opportunity to reflect on previous failings & recognise how to move forward in the future.