NPAG Violence Reduction & Security Management Network
The NHS employs more than 1.5 million people, putting it in the top five of the world’s largest workforces. Ensuring effective security within such a large and diverse service is no small task. This network will bring together NHS security specialists to understand and overcome issues. It will allow shared learning and training across organisations, pulling together a disparate community and gaining valuable insights from suppliers and experts.
Effective security demands strong partnerships within organisations and with partner agencies and we will be exploring how to create the right culture for better security.
The Forward Agenda
The ongoing agenda will be driven by members but we anticipate members to look at:
- The national Security Picture and the impact on healthcare
- Operating in a new environment after the NHS Protect transition
- Security staff working in collaboration with the Clinician
- Cyber Security
- Creating a ‘security culture’
- Conflict resolution
- Police liaison
- Legislative and guidance updates.
Facilitator Dale Atkins
Coordinator Marie Cherry
Download details about this group here:
- Violence Reduction & Security Management – Marketing Flyer – 2021-22
- Violence Reduction & Security Management 2021-22 – Registration Form
- Violence Reduction & Security Management 2020-21 – Annual Report
- Benefits of BVG Membership
- Meet the Facilitator – Dale Atkins
Alternatively, please complete this online application form:
I joined NPAG having just come into post as a Security Manager. I find the meetings to be a fantastic way of sharing lessons learned and information with other Security Managers. The meetings have covered some fantastic and very informative topics, all of which are provided to you after the meeting so you can take them away for your own knowledge. I personally find that the most useful tool is the way the group share information. There comes a time when we would all like to compare a policy or just get the thoughts and opinions from other professionals in the same role and the NPAG provide this information through the networking scheme. See you next year!!!
The NPAG Security Network is a great opportunity to keep up to date with relevant changes to practices and legislation that affects hospital security in light of the demise of NHS Protect. We have had some really great external speakers and I have learned a lot from these and have been able to feed back a lot of information to my Trust following each meeting.