Assertiveness and Self-Management Onsite Training Workshop
This one-day workshop has been designed to assist staff in dealing with work pressures and change more confidently through assertive communication and positive self-management.
The day is highly interactive, practical and yet supportive. It uses many different forms of learning including self-assessments to develop assertiveness skills and increase confidence and self-esteem.
Participants will gain the tools and techniques which will enable them to work more effectively with work colleagues and service users.
At the end of this course, participants will leave with a personal action plan identifying the key changes needed to be made, the skills to practice in order to build their self-esteem, build their self-confidence and improve their communication skills through assertiveness techniques.
- Distinguishing assertive, aggressive and passive behaviours
- Through self-assessment recognise your style and behaviours
- Optimist or Pessimist – self-assessment
- Communication Styles
- Managing your image – making the most out of ‘you’
- Techniques to build self-esteem and confidence
- Tackling barriers to assertiveness
- Non-verbal behaviour in relation to assertiveness
- Managing difficult and challenging situations – tips and hints
- Developing a personal action plan with a difference!
This programme is aimed at all NHS staff, both Clinical and Non-clinical this workshop provides the necessary skills and tools for them to take back to the workplace and implement immediately.
Please contact Marie Cherry for further details.