Following a successful Inaugural Meeting in November, NPAG have recognised the clear demand for a national Network for those engaged in NHS Security.
The NHS employs more than 1.5 million people, putting it in the top five of the world’s largest workforces. Ensuring effective security within such a large and diverse service is no small task. This network will bring together NHS security specialists to understand and overcome issues. It will allow shared learning and training across organisations, pulling together a disparate community and gaining valuable insights from suppliers and experts.
Effective security demands strong partnerships within organisations and with partner agencies and we will be exploring how to create the right culture for better security.
The Forward Agenda
The ongoing agenda will be driven by members but we anticipate the new NPAG Network will enable members to look at:
- The national Security Picture and the impact on healthcare
- Operating in a new environment after the NHS Protect transition
- Security staff working in collaboration with the Clinician
- Cyber Security
- Creating a ‘security culture’
- Conflict resolution
- Police liaison
- Legislative and guidance updates.
Facilitator Peter Richardson
Coordinator David Paterson
Download details about this group here:
- Security Network 2017 – Information Flyer
- Security Network 2017 – Registration Form
- Meet the Facilitator – Peter Richardson
Alternatively, please complete this online application form: